This guideline is granted by the State Archivist under s.25 associated with public information Act 2002
Leads to 2 variations associated with same record—the migrated or converted variation, and also the supply record.
You’ll need authorisation to destroy the source that is original whenever you migrate, convert or digitise documents.
Each source records disposal authorisation has a wide range of basic conditions that must be met ahead of the initial supply documents could be damaged.
The destruction of all of the documents, including supply documents, should be endorsed by the CEO or authorised delegate and should be documented.
Supply documents really should not be destroyed until quality assurance procedures have already been finished.
Note: See digitise documents for informative data on digitising and microfilming real records. See migrate electronic documents for info on migrating digital records from a single system or storage space means to fix another.
dining dining Table of articles
1. Digital supply documents
This relates to electronic supply documents as an element of migration or decommissioning company systems.
Digital supply documents should be held for some time following migration or transformation to permit time and energy to perform quality checks and make sure the method ended up being effective. This timeframe ought to be centered on your agency’s risk assessment done through the migration or decommissioning procedure.
The migrated type of the record must certanly be handled and retained for the complete retention period. Start thinking about every other appropriate or company continuity conditions singlebrides.net russian dating that may influence the further retention associated with source that is digital.
General use of electronic supply documents must be limited to prevent accidental alteration. They have to be kept and handled properly until they could be damaged. That is required to guarantee if they weren’t successfully migrated or converted that they remain accountable, well-managed records and can be used again.
The electronic supply documents could be damaged making use of the General Retention and Disposal Schedule for Digital Source reports. This routine includes minimal needs that should be met before destruction may take spot.
2. Real supply documents
This pertains to real supply documents that have now been effectively converted.
Real source documents which were digitised are damaged under Disposal Authorisation 2074 if specific conditions are met.
- Documents must not come under one of many excluded records categories.
- Documents should have a retention that is temporary under an ongoing disposal authorisation granted by hawaii Archivist ( ag e.g. your core disposal and retention routine).
- Digitised reproductions should be available and in a system that is trusted living of their short-term retention duration.
- The reproduction should be an obvious, complete and accurate content associated with the real supply record that is fit for function.
- Your agency should have developed and documented a process that is defensible demonstrates the manner in which you meet up with the conditions for the supply record disposal authorisation.
- Your agency will need to have approval for this process that is defensible your ceo (CEO) or their authorised delegate.
Each agency must see whether:
- documents should be held in a specific structure to meet governance needs and whether such demands stop the destruction associated with initial source record that is physical
- you’ll want to seek legal counsel to help with determining the possibility of destroying regarding the real supply record after transformation
- documents will probably be value that is permanent the long run ( ag e.g. where documents are sentenced centered on importance)
You should look at your responsibilities and demands in addition to appropriate legislation, policies, requirements, and directives.
The following excluded documents cannot be damaged under Disposal Authorisation 2074:
3. Defensible procedure
You’ll want a process that is defensible meet with the demands of this supply documents disposal authorisations.
A digitisation that is defensible migration or transformation procedure implies that you’ve got developed and documented a considered approach. It should be auditable or usable to show as you are able to or have met all conditions that are relevant demands.
Proof of your agency’s defensible procedure may be requested when there is an event by which public record information are lost because of negligence or poor procedure, or perhaps in a reaction to RTI needs, court procedures, or a review.
Your defensible process must consist of:
- The procedure or process you utilized to make sure all exclusions to supply records disposal authorisation are located
- the actions taken during transformation to make sure that the transformed record is an entire, clear and accurate type of the supply record, and it is fit for purpose ( ag e.g. quality assurance, danger evaluation, technical requirements)
- information on exactly exactly how the record that is converted be held and managed in a reliable system when it comes to complete retention duration ( e.g. electronic continuity and conservation procedures, appropriate storage space for the format and retention duration)
- just exactly how as soon as initial supply documents would be destroyed
- the disposal authorisation accustomed lawfully destroy the origin documents.
Your agency’s ceo or their authorised delegate must accept the defensible procedure. You don’t need certainly to refer this paperwork to QSA.
See extra factors which will additionally be incorporated into a digitisation that is defensible and migration.
Note: Any digitisation disposal policies on the basis of the previous policy and disposal authorisation can nevertheless be properly used as proof of a defensible procedure beneath the brand new supply documents disposal authorisation.
4. More info
Disposal Authorisation 2074 replaces the immediate following:
- Digitisation Disposal Policy 2014
- Microfilming Disposal Policy 2006
- General disposal and retention routine for initial paper documents which have been digitised (QDAN 656 v.2).
Disposal Authorisation 2074 originated with input from:
- Guide to your GDA for transformed supply Records–Public Record workplace Victoria
- NZ Destruction of supply information after digitisation–Archives New Zealand
- Authority to retain public information in electronic kind only–Archives New Zealand
- Digitisation Arrange For Post-Action Conversion Records–RIM Professionals Australasia
- External agencies consulted
- QSA internal group that is working