McAfee Stinger 64-bit is a standalone utility used to identify and also get rid of particular infections. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus defense, however a specialized tool to help managers and users when managing a contaminated system. Information on brand-new or enhanced trademarks included with each Stinger develop are listed in the Readme details.
McAfee Stinger uses next-generation check technology, including rootkit scanning, and check performance optimizations. It discovers and gets rid of dangers determined under the “” Threat Listing”” alternative under Advanced menu options in the Stinger application.
Stinger is a standalone utility produced by McAfee to identify and also eliminate particular viruses. It is not an alternative to full antivirus security. Instead, it is a device that helps you clean up a contaminated computer of particular well-known dangers.
Stinger makes use of a McAfee modern technology called Global Risk Knowledge (GTI) to recognize dangerous websites. GTI continuously keeps an eye on sites around the world for destructive content.
When you download Stinger, you can allow GTI in the following way:
by link stiner.exe website
- Click Preferences.
- Select the preferred GTI level of sensitivity degree.
NOTE: If you select High or Really High, McAfee Labs suggests that you establish the On virus detection action to Report only for the very first check. Setting this choice makes certain that valid data are not unintentionally removed.
To download and install as well as run the Stinger, adhere to these actions:
- To start, go to the Stinger download page.
- Click the bold Download Stinger web link. This downloads the most commonly utilized version:
- Do not pick the ePO versions of Stinger. These are for usage in organization atmospheres.
- If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, click Download Stinger for x64 systems.
- Click Download Now.
- Conserve Stinger to a convenient place, such as your desktop computer.
- Right-click the Stinger application that you simply downloaded.
- Select Run as Manager.
- If you see a Windows safety and security caution:
- Click Yes, Continue, or Run.
- Approve the End User Licence Arrangement (EULA).
- Click Personalize my scan to include additional drives or directories (only the C: drive is checked by default).
- Click Scan. Stinger repair services all contaminated documents found.
VITAL: If Stinger fixings any infected files, broaden the area below for important info.